RF Link Planning App
PathCheck is a free IP backhaul planning tool that aids in the design of point-to-point microwave links, based on Trango Systems’ lineup of backhaul radios. This app is available for download on the App Store for the iPhone and iPad.
PathCheck includes a ‘Quick Calc’ module which provides point-to-point link and reliability calculations based on distance, frequency, antenna size, and rain region. PathCheck also includes a full ‘Path Profile’ module which lets users enter end point coordinates (latitude and longitude) or to use GPS location services.
The app displays the terrain profile and Fresnel zone so that users can see if there is a clear radio line-of-sight between points. PathCheck also displays a table which shows link availability (reliability) and capacity, for each modulation level from QPSK to 1024QAM.
Features included in PathCheck
- GPS mapping with site placement and terrain data
- Max Tx power and antenna size based on selected frequency band, regulatory region, channel bandwidth and rain region
- ITU rain region
- Terrain and Fresnel zone profiles
- Site photographs
- Map view of the point-to-point link
- RF link statistics displayed in real time
- Large Packet Capacity / Small Packet Capacity (Mbps)
- Max Tx Power / Expected Rx Level / Rx Sensitivity / Fade Margin (dBm)
- Link Quality
- Link Outage (minutes per year)
- Availability (% yearly)
- Email, print, and import/export of path profiles
- Quote request tool
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.